The Louisville Film Society presents the KENTUCKY PREMIERES of the 6 feature films all with Bluegrass connections at the 9th Annual Flyover Film Festival.
Visit louisvillefilmsociety.org/flyover for tickets and more details and on each film.
Q&As with the filmmakers to follow each screening.
* AND THEN I GO (dir: Vincent Grashaw) — Sunday, July 23, KY Center, 5:30p followed by Opening Night Reception at 21c Museum Hotels
* TASTE OF FLYOVER: a 3-course Food and Film Event — Monday, July 24, KY Center, 5:30p — Heavy Southern-inspired bites and recipes featured in Chef Edward Lee's cookbook, «Smoke and Pickles» followed by short film 100,000 BEATING HEARTS (dir: Peter Byck) and feature FERMENTED with Chef Edward Lee (dir: Jonathan Cianfrani)
* SERENADE FOR HAITI (dir: Owsley Brown III) — Tuesday, July 25, Speed Cinema, 7p. SOLD OUT
* MOST BEAUTIFUL ISLAND (dir: Ana Asensio) — Wednesday, July 26, Speed Cinema, 7p.
* TRAGEDY GIRLS (dir: Tyler MacIntyre) — Thursday, July 27, Speed Cinema, 7p. SOLD OUT!
* JUST ADDED — TRAGEDY GIRLS (dir: Tyler MacIntyre) — Thursday, July 27, Speed Cinema, 5p.
* BEAUTY MARK (dir: Harris Doran) — Friday, July 28, KY Center, 7p followed by Closing Night party for all Flyover filmmakers, audience members, sponsors and the general public in the Center lobby. Free entry to after-party. Cash bar and affordable bites from SCENE.
Thank you to our partners The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts and Speed Art Museum and our incredible sponsors Republic National Distributing Company, Aloft Louisville Downtown, 21c Museum Hotels, Planet Fitness, Sun Tan City, Khalil's Catering, Bella of Louisville, Rabbit Hole Distilling, Louisville Film Commission, 180 Degrees, Heyman Talent Agency, Delta Dental of Kentucky, Tafel Flying, Lunacy, sonaBLAST! Records and Porter Watkins.
Click on the link above for more details and ticketing.
Check out the great article in the The Voice-Tribune that explores more about each film with the filmmakers.